We try very hard to communicate effectively with parents/carers so that everyone is kept informed about school life.
However, you might be aware that sending written information home can be rather ‘hit and miss’ with information often going missing on the way!
We are also increasingly aware of the environmental impact of the amount of paper we use.
At DBCPS, all communication is sent by Arbor to you via email, or text, enabling you to access through your account at any time.
Who are Arbor?
DBCPS use Arbor as our Management Information System provider. An MIS is a system that helps schools collect, store, manage and use all the information they need. Arbor is a simple, smart and cloud-based MIS, meaning the data isn't physically stored in school, making Arbor super secure as computer theft or damage at the school would not lead to data loss or a data breach. It also means you can log into Arbor to see and update your child's information or make payments and bookings yourself!
Arbor was founded in 2011 by a small group of people on a mission to create a simple, smart MIS system that would help schools learn from their data to save teachers time and ultimately improve student outcomes.
How can parents use Arbor?
Here's how you can use Arbor:
- Log into Parent Portal on computers or laptops.
- Download the Arbor App from the iOS App Store or Google Play Store then log in on your phone.
- Your school can then send you in-app messages. Your school can also send you emails, letters or SMS from their Arbor system.
How to Get Started
1. Wait for the email from your school telling you that Arbor is ready for you to use.
2. Click the link in your welcome email to set up your password.
3. Go to the App or Google Play Store on your phone and search for "Arbor".
4. Click 'Install' on Android or 'Get' on iPhone then open the App.
5. Enter your email, select the school, then enter your password.
6. Accept the Terms & Conditions and enter the birthday of your child.
Need Help Using Arbor?
To safeguard student data in line with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), we only work directly with schools.
Contact DBCPS if you have any questions about Arbor, the Arbor App or Parent Portal. The school will be able to help answer your questions. If not, they will contact our Support Team for assistance. Let them know the type and model of your phone, e.g. an iPhone SE, and include screenshots or screen recordings of what you are experiencing.
Some tips to try:
- Ensure your username is the email address you use for Arbor. Ask your school to check the email address linked to your account.
- Reset your password from the login page, or ask your school to.
- If the login email was sent to you more than 96 hours ago, the
password link will have expired. Ask your school to send it again.
- Ask the school's administrative staff to check that your email address has not been used twice - e.g. on another guardian or child's profile.
- Enter the birthday of one of your children to log in for the first time.
- Only relatives who are Primary Guardians of a child can access the Arbor App. Ask your school to check if you can access Arbor.