Hello my name is Pamela Jones-McGill.
I am the school-based FLO (Family Liaison Officer). I am here to listen, offer support, empathise and care.
I am available to work with all parents who need information about school matters as well as requiring help accessing other agencies. I have access to an extensive range of information and can sign-post parents to a variety of services.
Some examples of areas in which I can support parents are:
- Attendance Issues
- Behaviour Support
- Classroom Issues e.g. behaviour/friendships etc.
- Family Learning
- Family Circumstances affecting your child e.g. parental separation, bereavement etc.
- Free School Meals
- Friendship Issues
- Homework Concerns
- Medical/Health Concerns
- Offer signposting information to other agencies, e.g. School Nurse, CAMHS, Sure Start Transition Information
- SATs concerns
- Transition to Secondary School
I will be part of the Monday coffee mornings to give parents the opportunity to meet, talk and share concerns. This time is designed to be a friendly informal session and give Parents and families an opportunity to contribute their ideas.
There is a Worry Box on the wall by the playground doors in the atrium.
If you have any worries, school or home, post your worry in the box (there is paper and a pencil on top) and I will chat with you in private as soon as possible.
Worries get much, much bigger if you keep them to yourself!
Managing your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak – Whether you’re social distancing or self-isolating you may be feeling anxious or stressed during this time, and that’s completely normal. There are simple steps you can take to look after your mental health and wellbeing. We will continue to add and update the information to this page.
Coronavirus: wellbeing activity ideas for families – some parents and carers may be looking for activities to try at home with their children.
Parent Info – Parent Info is a collaboration between Parent Zone and NCA-CEOP, providing support and guidance for parents from leading experts and organisations.
- 10 Tips for Homework
- 5 Tips for Better Behaviour
- Autism info Booklet August 2013
- Bedtime Routine
- Bikeability Parents Handbook
- Dartford District Timetable 23 4 21
- Family Learning 2021
- Family Rules
- Henry Parent Support Leaflet
- Henry Parent Support Poster
- Kickstart West Kent Challenge
- MCB Poster 10th June
- Mindfulness Relaxation
- School Health Team 00698 Kent v22
- Supporting Mental Health and Wellbeing in Schools
Information and Resources
Childcare, children and families information service
Call: 03000 41 23 23
Text relay: 18001 03000 41 23 23
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Contact Centre, Invicta House, Maidstone, ME14 1XX